Why should I join? Because members enjoy :
- Industrial Archaeology Review: The world’s leading IA journal, published twice yearly.
- IA News: A quarterly magazine containing information on current industrial archaeology events and news throughout the country.
- The Annual Conference: A popular get-together for all members. Held in a different part of the country each year, this consists of a weekend conference complemented by an additional programme over several days of field trips and informative lectures. Detailed gazetteers of sites in the area of the conference are produced and supplied free to members.
- Field Visits: In the UK and Overseas, organised and guided by people with long experience of Industrial Heritage tours.
- Practical Days: Workshops and discussions about issues and problems common to societies and professionals working in the field of industrial archaeology.
- Other conferences: To address specific interests and problems relating to industrial heritage.
- AIA Awards: To encourage excellence in industrial archaeology.
- A valuable forum: For individuals, amateur groups and professional bodies in the broad field of industrial archaeology.
- Discounts on Heritage of Industry Tours
But more importantly than the above, the support our members give us enables the AIA to continue its work in supporting and encouraging all aspects relating to our industrial heritage. We cannot do all we do, promoting IA at all levels – national and local – encouraging research, recording, conservation and preservation without our members’ help and support.
Membership is open to individuals (sole, joint or student) and to societies. It will be backdated to the beginning of the year in which you join and all publications for that year will be sent. Membership rates are:
- Young membership £26/$34/€31
- Ordinary membership £36/$50/€46
- Joint membership £41/$57/€52
- Affiliated Society membership* £45/$62/€56
Membership and subscriptions are administered on our behalf by the Taylor & Francis Group.
The USD and EUR rates are set by T&F and reflect the significantly higher costs for Industrial Archaeology Review and IA News posted to overseas addresses. They are also approximate and may vary as exchange rates vary.
T&F’s choice of currency depends on the member’s country of residence (GBP for Great Britain, EUR for the EU and USD for the rest of the world).
Join online now [ Opens in a new tab, click on the ‘Society membership’ tab on that page ]
Request an invoice
If you are unable to use Online application click here to create an email to request an invoice is sent to you from Taylor & Francis.
If you pay UK Income Tax, you can Gift Aid your subscription, enabling us to claim 25% (i.e. £9 on a £36 subscription) from HMRC at no cost to yourself. This helps us to keep subscriptions down. Click here for a Gift Aid Form [.docx].
Organisations of similar and allied interests may affiliate to the AIA. Representatives may be nominated to exercise voting rights and all regular publications plus five copies of I A News are included. Attendance at events at AIA membership rates and discounts are available to the affiliated organisation’s members.
Click here to see a list of the many Affiliated Societies who have already joined us.
Libraries, universities and similar institutions who wish to subscribe to Industrial Archaeology Review, please visit T & F Online for more information and to subscribe online, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about institutional or personal rate subscription, please email: email@example.com
Informa UK Ltd
CO3 3LP, UK