Why should I join? Because members enjoy :
- Industrial Archaeology Review: The world’s leading IA journal, published twice yearly, delivered to you and online access to all previous editions
- IA News: A quarterly magazine containing information on current industrial archaeology events and news throughout the country.
- e-News: A quarterly bulletin of updates on what we’ve been doing recently, and other industrial archaeology news from the UK and beyond
- Access to the AIA’s members-only area on our website, including access to all editions of IA News, past conference notes and gazetteers
- The Annual Conference: A popular get-together for all members with talks, visits, award presentations and the Annual Dinner
- Field Visits: In the UK and Overseas, organised and guided by people with long experience of Industrial Heritage tours
- Practical/CPD Days: Learn about aspects of Heritage Management, Conservation, Restoration and more with CPD certificates available
- AIA Awards: To encourage excellence in industrial archaeology.
- A valuable forum: For individuals, amateur groups and professional bodies in the broad field of industrial archaeology.
- Discounts: on the Annual Conference, Practical Days, Routledge Archaeology books and Heritage of Industry Tours
But more importantly than the above, the support our members give us enables the AIA to continue its work in supporting and encouraging all aspects relating to our industrial heritage. We cannot do all we do, promoting IA at all levels – national and local – encouraging research, recording, conservation and preservation without our members’ help and support.
Membership is open to individuals (sole, joint or student) and to societies. It will be backdated to the beginning of the year in which you join and all publications for that year will be sent.
From January 2024 we are also offering an “online-only” option for all categories of membership (except Affiliated Society). The online-only option gives all the great benefits of being a member except you will no longer receive printed copies of Industrial Archaeology Review, IA News and other member correspondence (such as the AGM papers). All members will continue to receive online access to Industrial Archaeology Review via Taylor & Francis Online and access to electronic editions of IA News and other imporant documents via the AIA website. Members should contact email@example.com to obtain a username for the AIA website if they do not already have one.
Membership rates are:
|Category||Print & Online||Online only (January 2024)|
|Affiliated Society||£49/$66/€60||Not offered|
All prices have been held and Joint membership is reduced. Young Membership is open to all under 36 and students of any age in higher academic education.
Membership and subscriptions are administered on our behalf by the Taylor & Francis Group.
The USD and EUR rates are set in agreement with T&F and reflect the significantly higher costs for Industrial Archaeology Review and IA News posted to overseas addresses.
T&F’s choice of currency depends on the member’s country of residence (GBP for Great Britain, EUR for the EU and USD for the rest of the world).
Members wishing to change from ‘print and online access’ to ‘online-only’ should contact Taylor & Francis Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their Full Name, Customer Number and Order Number (found at the head of their renewal notice). Taylor & Francis Customer Services will then provide an updated renewal invoice at the online-only rate, which can be used to pay for your 2024 membership as usual.
Request an invoice
If you are unable to use Online application click here to create an email to request an invoice is sent to you from Taylor & Francis.
If you pay UK Income Tax, you can Gift Aid your subscription, enabling us to claim 25% (i.e. £9 on a £36 subscription) from HMRC at no cost to yourself. This helps us to keep subscriptions down. Click here for a Gift Aid Form [.docx].
Organisations of similar and allied interests may affiliate to the AIA. Representatives may be nominated to exercise voting rights and all regular publications plus five copies of I A News are included. Attendance at events at AIA membership rates and discounts are available to the affiliated organisation’s members.
Click here to see a list of the many Affiliated Societies who have already joined us.
Libraries, universities and similar institutions who wish to subscribe to Industrial Archaeology Review, please visit T & F Online for more information and to subscribe online, or email: email@example.com
For enquiries about institutional or personal rate subscription, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries about your society rate subscription, please email: email@example.com
If you are unable to resolve your problems with T & F please contact John Jones firstname.lastname@example.org